If you’re researching your Perthshire family history, these links to online resources will help you trace your ancestors.
BMDs & Parish Records
- Perth Burgh Burial Registers 1794-1855
Records containing details from the burial registers. These can include full name, age, dates of death and burial, cause of death, names of kin, occupation and details of the burial. There’s an alternative search for these records here.
- Perthshire Burials 1755-2019
Search for your ancestors’ birth year, death and burial dates, age at death and burial place.
- Dunning St Serf’s Graveyard Inscriptions
You can view a complete list of graveyard inscriptions by name, which will then allow you to find and view a complete description of each stone.
- Perthshire Gravestone Photos
A few graveyards, cemeteries and war memorials that have been photographed and the images put online.
Census & Land
- Perth Survey of Inhabitants 1766 & 1773
View the details of inhabitants such as heads of families, occupation, number of children and religious affiliation.
- Perthshire Directories
Online directories from the 1800s and 1900s that you can browse, search and or download.
- Military History of Perthshire 1899-1902
A book printed in 1908 that contains a history, portraits, illustrations, maps and a roll.
- Records of the 90th Regiment
Some history of the Perthshire Light Infantry and a roll of officers from 1795 to 1880.
- Perth Newspaper Index Cards 1809-1990
This collection includes events like births, marriages etc., plus wedding anniversaries and tragedies.
- Perthshire School Registers of Admission and Withdrawals 1869-1902
Details of over 25,000 children, including date of admission, name and date of birth of child and name of address of parent.
- Tay Valley Family History Society
Covers the county of Perthshire.